Saturday, December 25, 2010

engaged

Saturday December 18th 2010, is a day I shall never forget,


it all started that morning when Zach picked me up from his parents house to take me to breakfast.
the destination? a surprise as always :)
for those of you who know zach well you know that he gets lost easily, i think every time we are together we get lost at least once. i don't mind though at least we are together :)
but this time was different, he knew exactly how to get there, to scripps park La Jolla, a place he'd never been, and he didn't even need the directions to guide him. when we got there he pulled out a picnic basket, and his guitar, and said this is your present, and i wrote you a song for our anniversary.
I thought he was being so romantic and wonderful, providing picnic by the sea in a gazebo with a song just for me.

 but i was clueless about what else was in store. when we settled in the gazebo he asked if he could play his song, i said yes (of course) so he stood up in front of me and began to play and sing this lovely song


"Beyond the stars
Below any sea
Calling you baby
Come stay in my heart
And if you please
I hope you don't mind
But I've got a whole lotta space
In my life
When my eyes fail
And I can't hardly breathe
I just want you there
There by my side

You've got a hold on me
I can't deny
So baby bree
Be my bride
Baby be my bride
Baby be my bride
Be my bride
Be my bride"


i was shocked in the very best way possible

he got down on one knee... and pulled out a

pastry receipt...
:)
haha

accidentally

with the ring inside it,
the most beautiful ring in the world,

he designed it just for me :)


he told me he loved me, and asked me to mary him.
i said yes !!!
and gave him a huge hug!

we had a juno moment,  he was still wearing his guitar while he hugged,
and he said after quite some time "i feel like theres something between us"
so he took off his guitar and we continued hugging, laughing talking, and i couldn't stop crying.
all day,
on and off
at the drop of hat
i would burst into tears or joy.
I'm so in love with him
and my heart grew so many sizes that day
just like the grinch!

we didn't call or text anyone for a while, we wanted to just savior that moment.
we were engaged.
and we are going to get married
and spend the rest of our lives together.
what a beautiful thing

allison and and Mom (zach's mom Kei) came to see us and congratulate us.
after we left the park we went to wlamart :) haha and the salvation army :)
got a cool musc box chrstmas gifts and yarn.
then we went back to his familys house to say hi the the kids before we went to dinner at our favorite restaurant Spread. but when we opened the door, my whole family was there!! along with his family !
and we had a wonderful family dinner and celebrated this wonderful occasion.
i couldnt ask for a better day :)



i am going to marry the most wonderful man i ever met, who's more perfect for me then i could ever imagine.
God is so wonderful to bring us together.
i pray God will receive all glory from our relationship, and that we would be so much stronger together the apart.
I love you Zachary Davis Laliberte
and i cannot wait until the day that i will share your name and become
Mrs. Laliberte
Bree Lauren Morton Laliberte
Bree Laliberte


i love you


so this is our engagement story
i'm sorry its so long !
but even with all the words i've used i cant describe it fully.
so hope that you atleast get the gist that this day was very lovely.

8 comments:

Carys said...

Congratulations, that is such a beautiful, sweet story!! Happy christmas to you both.
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

19lt70 said...

What a beautiful story! I was in tears! Way to go Zach! So excited and happy for both of you. Happy wedding planning!

Brianna said...

Your ring is amazing! I've never seen anything like it.

Aww I love you both! I'm so happy for you two.

And he wrote you a song awww <3

Lindsay said...

i love to hear the story in your own word. I can't wait to hear it from your own mouth. I love you Bree, my sister. Of course, you always have been my sister, and you always would be no matter what, but it's just a plus that you are going to marry my brother. I couldn't be happier.

[and well done brother]

Hannah Louise said...

a super massive congratulations xxx

Beth said...

Congratulations on your engagement, such a wonderful story. This is the first post that I have read of yours and it is such a wonderful one that I had to comment, I so hope that you do not mind.I wish you both well and for to have a brilliant, loving and very happy life together. Beth xx

blue sky butterfly studio said...

Wonderful story, gorgeous ring and a beautiful couple. Many congratulations! Enjoy your time planning the wedding...it gets ever better!

Ben said...

Awesome! So happy for the both of you!