Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Through The Looking glass

so i'm back from my lovely four day weekend in poway with the wonderful Laliberte family. I had a wonderful time :) made granola, went thrifting and had frozen yogurt with lovely lindsay. got my first pedicure with Kei, Lindsay and Allison. I had a blast with zach as always. i care for him more and more each and every day i spend with him. he is such a blessing.

 I also saw Alice! which I loved! I know not everyone was thrilled with the film, but i rather enjoyed it. It was different then i thought, not as weird or creepy, and much more predictable. it was simple, and i am glad of that. Its nice to just sit back and be entertained by the beauty tim burton created. Oh and it was beautiful! i loved the costumes, the mixture of animation and live action. the whole feel of the film was brilliant. if you have not seen it i think you should.
we did dress up by the way. we did not take any pictures, but carissa gallo recently posted photos from our december shoot based on alice in wonderland.


so we kinda looked like that :) without the pretty set :)
see more photo's at carissagallo.com

11 comments:

kate maggie said...

Your weekend sounds superb! Glad you had a lot of fun:) Frozen yogurt is my favorite. Also - I havent seen Alice yet but its on the top of my to do list. This post made me want to see it that much more:) I love that picture!

ilovecoolthings said...

omg that photo is awsome!!!

Brianna said...

Love the photo shoot!

Hannah Louise said...

i really loved the film, i thought it was fab and just great to look at.
xx

julialuckett said...

Hi there! I just discovered your blog and I love it. You have great taste. I am following you via bloglovin and I'd be honored if you followed me :)

Julia
http://julialuckett.wordpress.com

jamie clare said...

i loved alice too! it's so refreshing to hear someone else agree. I really thought it was a spectacular film visually - maybe we all "knew" the story, but i was entertained the entire time. and i LOVED the outfits.

Jess said...

Glad you loved Alice! I'm going to see it tomorrow, so hoping it will be goodness. Tim Burton is genius though so I'm sure it will be visually amazing.

Taylor Sterling said...

ok I am obsessed! I love the photos! My recent post is about Alice too! Great blog and shop! new fan!

Lexie said...

what a fun weekend!

that photoshoot is so neat!

Dalena Vintage said...

Such a fun weekend and those photos turned out beautifully!

Meral Erdo─čan said...

lovely shoot! :)