Saturday, October 24, 2009

Olivia Jeffries

i recently fell upon the works of Olivia Jeffries






i love her work for many reasons, one of them being she only works on found materiel's,  such as old book covers record sleeves and over found children's drawings, this gives her work an old feel and an identity. I also really love the mystic quality it really draws you in. and takes you to another place. truly lovely. check out Olivia's work at her website http://www.oliviajeffries.com/ also check out her etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5034202

xoxo
 bree

8 comments:

Brianna said...

Hmmmn I don't really like a lot of them but its a style I haven't seen before...so that's cool

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

They're intriguing; something sort of mystical about each piece.

Bree said...

her work is wonderful! thank you! we do have the same name! I hardly ever meet anyone with our name!

Maria Confer said...

Olivia's work is gorgeous. I love the scraps of paper and scribbled effects.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Jane O Sullivan said...

dear bree...thank you for calling at my blog
your work is very impressive..... and I like your overall aesthetic
funny ,I too like olivia jeffries work
good luck :)

yiqin; said...

Wow, really interesting :)

Andrea said...

This work is really good, i am hoping to take art in collage, but i don't know if i'm good enough?
Keep posting
Andie xx

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Ohhh I want everything on her Etsy shop! It's all so vintage-y and whimsical. Lovely!
XX Kate