Friday, September 18, 2009

if i had money

Anthropologie causes me to wish i had money



and at the same time makes me glad that I do not have money. for spending my money on these beautiful products is frivolous, considering all of the other worth while investments that are out there, such as furthering the gospel locally and globally, providing clean water for children, and so on and so forth. it is sad to me that i am eager to spend my money on things that will wither away instead of investing in treasures that will last forever and affect the lives of those near and far. I am grateful for for beautiful things that remind of the fact that my heart is in the wrong place.
but hey if they go on sale  then thats not so bad ;) he he, because man that first sweater is fantastic :D
xoxo
~bree

13 comments:

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Same...I finally stopped visiting the site b/c it just made me sad.

Eve said...

I know exactly what you mean! I spend huge amounts of time gazing at the lovely thing on the Anthropologie website, wishing for money....
One day.
I love that first sweater and the pink coat! Soooooo cute!

xoxo

Lindsay Laliberte said...

seriously! i am painfully regretting an anthropolgie "product of the day" widget i put on my desktop and can't figure out how to get rid of. just when i thought my heart couldn't find another way to be discontent, anthropologie shoves a must-have-$50-salt-shaker in my face! ohdearmyheart...

Aya Smith said...

Oh my goodness, this post is painful! I love every item... and those shoes are to DIE for!!

Miss Red said...

i love the dresses and those shoes! anthropologie is so great! i got this amazing saffron colored dress there once for 8th grade graduation.

Brianna said...

I love the dress! ooh and all the other things...haha

Brianna said...

But I think I like the chair the best!

Melissa said...

Oh, same here! I went to the mall today, and spent at least an hour lusting after things in Anthropologie. At least there is the sale area, where things are (slightly) less pricey.

Frank&Rémy said...

How aodrable! I absolutely love that chair!! What "brand" is it? I sure want one!

rhesaXD said...

Ooooh but these are lovely!

niftythriftyowl said...

I think the prices reflect who their target market is. The working woman. The working woman likes that the prices are a little higher so she can purchase things that the younger generation won't. And invest in perhaps, better quality.

I do know what you mean though. I often lust after new clothes. Much of which affording is out of reach...

I think it's great that you want to keep your heart in check and spend your money on helping people. I think you are probably just talking about the really expensive purchases, but I hope that you do allow yourself to enjoy the life God has blessed you with and be careful to not put too much guilt on yourself. :-)

Lexie said...

that first sweater IS fantastic!

ED said...

The pink coat is magnificent!