Friday, August 28, 2009

fire fire

there is a wild fire near my home its kinda of scary, but i love the sheer power of any natural disaster it makes me feel temporary, and helps me to see how fleeting possessions are. its Gods way of showing us how small we are and most of all how big and mysterious he is.




photos taken by my mom,
















this is not behind my house its around the corner from us, there are to many trees by my house to get a clear shot of the fire.
any fire stories?





on a lighter note i want to make one of these

5 comments:

Dallas Shaw said...

stay safe. amazing neckwear- going to check them out


dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Oh man, the wildfires are really scary lately.
The necklace does look like a beautiful DIY.

yiqin; said...

OMG. it looks fab.

Brianna said...

For some reason I didn't know you had a blog...haha

I love it! :-D

The Fashion Tape said...

I think disaster is sickeningly fascinating. As the fire gets closer I bet you'll really start to see its beauty but at the same time it is so , so destructive. Adore the necklace also.
my new blog=
http://thefashiontape.blogspot.com/